Patients choose this type of surgery for a variety of reasons. Some people want to increase the size of their penis to improve their sex life. Others do it as a way to boost their confidence, which then leads to additional benefits in other areas of their lives. For some it is a medical necessity and for others it is a form of cosmetic surgery.
Ligandectomy (alternative names: penile lengthening, penile lengthening) is a surgical procedure to cut the suspensory ligament of the penis. The operation aims to enlarge the visible part of the penis.
The essence of the operation is this: in ordinary life, only the outer part of the corpora cavernosa of the penis, which we see visually, participates in the erection. However, there is also a perineal section of the corpora cavernosa of the penis, which visually does not participate in the erection, because it is prevented from expanding by strong ligaments. The crossing of the penile ligaments allows the perineal part of the corpora cavernosa to participate in the erection, which significantly increases the length of the penis and improves blood supply.
When is a conjunctotomy really necessary?
Penile enlargement surgery is suitable for a wide range of patients and conditions. If you suffer from small penis syndrome, curved penis, indented penis or have suffered a penile injury, then the procedure can help you increase the size of the penis. Some people choose penis enlargement for personal or aesthetic reasons rather than medical reasons, which is why it is also available as a cosmetic procedure.
Indications for ligamentotomy:
There are 2 groups of indications for surgery to lengthen the penis:
- Peyronie's disease, in which there may be severe deformation of the penis with a reduction in its length.
- Cavernous fibrosis?
- "Hidden" penis or, as it is also called, micropenis.
- A man's desire to enhance his attractiveness.
- A man's desire to increase self-esteem.
- Penile dysmorphophobia is a general dissatisfaction with the appearance, shape or size of one's penis.
The lower limit of the average penis size in an erect position is considered to be 12 cm in length. A size less than 12 cm may be considered a reason for this operation.
How much can you enlarge your penis?
After crossing the ligaments, the length of the penis during erection increases by 2-3 cm. The result must be ensured by active use of the extension for a month after the operation for 2-3 hours a day and passive traction around the clock. To achieve a maximum effect, the duration of use of the extension is not limited, because after crossing the ligaments, nothing prevents the stretching of the corpora cavernosa.
How to lengthen the penis through ligature:
The operation is performed under anesthesia. An incision is made in the skin in the middle of the scrotum, through this incision the surgeon gains access to the suspensory ligament of the penis, which is cut. Absorbable sutures are placed on the skin of the scrotum.
Pre-operative preparation consists of a simple examination, which includes:
- Consultation with a urologist.
- Clinical and biochemical blood test.
- Blood for HIV, syphilis and hepatitis.
- Consultation with anesthesiologist.
How is penis enlargement surgery performed?
- 5-7 days before the operation, the patient undergoes a pre-operative examination. hospitalization takes place on the day of surgery.
- Anesthesia - intravenous or spinal.
- The doctor makes a skin incision along the scrotal seam (2-3 cm) with access to the penile ligaments and cuts them. A vacuum drain is placed, which is removed after 12 hours and an intradermally absorbable cosmetic suture is applied. Operating time - 20 minutes.
- The next morning - drain removal, learning to wear an extension, a fiery mission home.
Duration of penis enlargement surgery
The operation usually lasts from 20 to 30 minutes.
If the "invisible" transradial ligamentotomy did not bring the expected result due to poor stretching of the suprapubic skin with extension, you can supplement the already performed ligamentotomy with transverse-longitudinal minimally invasive skin plastic in the suprapubic area, which will add an additional 2-3 cm ofthe operation performed. In total, based on the results of two stages, you can get +5-6 cm.
What is the recovery period like after ligamentectomy?
The suture heals in 5-7 days. Before discharge, the patient undergoes a consultation with a urologist, during which he is explained the need to wear an extension for 3-4 months. Subsequent rehabilitation involves the use of an extension. The patient gets behind the wheel or starts working in 2-3 days. Return to sexual activity in one month.
What is the result of ligamentotomy?
As a rule, the operation adds +2-3 cm in the standing position. In a calm state, in the cold - minus 2 cm due to lack of links.
Full results – within 4-6 months. : there is a noticeable increase in length, an increase in the volume of the glans penis due to the vacuum attachment of the extension, a longer erection even after ejaculation due to changes in the blood supply to the corpora cavernosa.
Possible complications after penis enlargement surgery
Complications of megamentotomy are extremely rare. The most common are bleeding and swelling of the postoperative suture. The frequency of complications does not exceed 0. 1%.
The possibility of increasing the size of the penis through conjunctomy in combination with the use of an extension is 3-5 cm. The specific result depends on the individual characteristics of the patient's body - the size of the hidden part of the corpora cavernosa, as well as the distensibility of the vessels andurethral.
The effectiveness of the ligature is significantly higher than any other method for increasing the length of the penis. Folk methods for penis enlargement such as the Jelq method, the Indian Sadhu technique, self-hypnosis, etc. , have no evidence base and are practically ineffective.
Ligandotomy in the clinic
Penis enlargement surgery is a serious matter for every man. For best results, choose an experienced practitioner who works with a large medical center.
The modern clinic is proud of its specialists: professional urologists have been working successfully with patients from all over the world for a long time. Their experience and the advanced equipment of the clinic will allow you to spend a minimum of time to get rid of a non-cosmetic defect and return to normal life, looking at your reflection with pride!
We offer a full range of medical services:
- full consultation on the preparation and performance of plastic surgery, discussion of the chosen method and possible contraindications for the operation.
- all pre-operative examinations - examinations, examinations by qualified doctors, services of anesthetists.
- performing surgery;
- postoperative inpatient support - observation by the attending physician, dressings, comfortable rooms with meals.
- further counseling and an accelerated rehabilitation program.
Prices for conjunctotomy
Prices for conjunctotomy can vary widely. It depends on several factors and only a doctor can tell you the exact cost.